1. Gregoré Morin of Gregoré Joailliers in Santa Barbara, Calif., won the Mort Abelson New Designer of the Year award and the American Jewelry Design Council New Talent award. Morin is the fourth designer ever to earn both distinctions.
2. Philadelphia’s Elements + Alloys won the Golden Apple award for Innovation for its marketing inspired by “the architecture of fine jewelry.”
3. Another Apple winner: Scott Mikolay of Chappaqua, N.Y., whose creative press kits and well-placed ads earned top marks in the Fusion category.
4. New York City’s KC Designs got a Golden Apple in the Sparkle division for outstanding PR (e.g., visibility in magazines, celeb product placement).
5. The “Viral Visionary” Apple went to Heloisa Fitzgerald of Boston for its social media efforts.