Five tips on how to incorporate storytelling seamlessly into the sales process:
1. Develop real clarity on who your customer is and make sure the sales team understands that customer.
2. Determine what stories—the brand heritage, the materials, how it was acquired—are most compelling and bring them to life. Note: Consumers retain human interest stories easier than facts.
3. Relate the story in a way that will resonate; offer a unique experience.
4. Take the time to connect with the consumer. Provide a certain level of intimacy and an opportunity to touch the product.
5. Tell the truth. Millennials, in particular, are wary of dishonesty and hard sells.
SOURCE: Tim Girvin, founder–chief creative officer, Girvin Strategic Branding