What can you do right now to prepare for health insurance reform? Start by answering these five questions:
1. Are you eligible for tax credits? Many smaller businesses can deduct a portion of the premiums they pay for their workers’ insurance. For details, visit irs.gov and search for “health care tax credit.”
2. Do you have 50 or fewer full-time equivalent workers? If so, you are not mandated to offer health insurance to your employees.
3. What plans will be offered by your state’s health insurance marketplace?
4. Should your business offer health insurance, or change the plan(s) you currently offer?
5. What are the latest regulations that may affect your business? You’ll find many answers at healthcare.gov and hhs.gov.