Most—but not all—of the industry’s biggest players reported healthy sales figures for the past quarter.
1. Blue Nile’s revenue for the second quarter of fiscal 2014 fell 1.3 percent to $106.6 million.
2. Pandora’s revenue for the second quarter was $455 million, up 31 percent from the previous year.
3. Birks Group’s same-store sales for the first quarter of fiscal 2015 increased by 4 percent (6 percent in the United States; 2 percent in Canada), while net sales declined $11.6 million from the prior year to $281.2 million.
4. Charles & Colvard’s sales for the second quarter rose 20 percent to $7.8 million, with U.S. sales increasing 35 percent to $7.3 million.
5. Signet Jewelers saw a rise in second-quarter sales, primarily driven by its acquisition of Zale in May: Total sales rose 39 percent, to $1.23 billion (Zale accounted for $247.5 million of the $345.7 million bump). Same-store sales were up 4.8 percent.