Among the notable financial results reported in February and March:
1. Zale Corp. reported a $51 million profit for the quarter, up 24 percent from last year’s $41 million. Revenue dropped 2.2 percent to $656 million, from $671 million the prior year.
2. Pandora’s sales in the United States grew 24 percent in 2013, to 3.2 billion Danish kroner ($589 million). Sales grew 28 percent in dollars.
3. Tiffany & Co.’s profits were hit by the $473 million penalty it was forced to remit to the Swatch Group, the result of a loss before a Dutch arbitration panel. The company posted a $104 million loss in the fourth quarter; without the penalty, it would have seen a $190 million profit.
4. Charles & Colvard’s sales for the year ended Dec. 31 increased 27 percent to $28.5 million. Loose jewel sales increased 23 percent.
5. Sterling Jewelers saw overall comp sales rise 4 percent for fiscal year 2012. Kay Jewelers’ comps rose 6.5 percent for the year, while comps for Jared the Galleria of Jewelry rose 4.7 percent. Regional store comps fell 2.4 percent.