There’s something about length that gives many an object—from long-stem roses to thigh-high boots—extra drama. In jewelry, long earrings (no matter the material) are the quickest way to add a dash of sexiness to just about any outfit. Whether they’re sterling drops to spice up a buttoned-up blouse or gemstone-studded numbers that balance a sequined neckline, the lean and lovely silhouette offers subtle, seductive glamour at any time of day.
1. (Left) 18k gold earrings with mandarin garnet, mint tourmaline, blue sapphires, and diamond pavé; $23,000; Anahita, New York City; 917-816-2523; anahitajewelry.com
2. Earrings in 18k gold with 57 cts. t.w. white topaz; $1,105; Russell Jones, New York City; 718-965-3614; russelljonesjewelry.com
3. Diamond-cut 22k gold ball drop earrings; $2,500; Madhuri Parson, New York City; 917-740-3391; madhuriparson.com
4. Earrings in pink gold with 68.99 cts. t.w. coral, 10.39 cts. t.w. brown diamonds, and 3.44 cts. t.w. pink sapphires; price on request; de Grisogono, Geneva; 41-22-817-8100; degrisogono.com
5. Tango collection earrings in 18k white gold with 0.77 cts. t.w. diamonds and 12.25 mm white South Seas pearls; $7,750; Utopia, New York City; 212-826-1800; utopia-jewels.com