Meagan Dahl, head of social media for the Dallas-based digital strategy agency BuzzShift, shares her tips on what to look for when hiring a social media expert for your company.
1. A social media expert is not someone who knows how to use Twitter—it’s someone who knows how to create conversations and connect with people.
2. Look for a strong community manager who can monitor Facebook conversations, follow hashtags on Twitter, and be the conduit between the business and the customer.
3. Find someone who can write well and in the voice of the client.
4. Social media is also about search—e.g., Google Analytics and SEO—and is effective only when it’s tracked.
5. Look for someone who’s creative, but also has a strategic mind—someone who knows there’s a process to managing social media. It’s not just post and done.
Source: Meagan Dahl, Meagan@Buzzshift.com