A Chinese tourist received a faint-worthy shock when she inadvertently broke an expensive jade bracelet worth over $40,000.
According to local blog Shanghaist, the tourist was visiting a Rulli, China, jewelry store trying on a jade bracelet worth 300,000 yuan (about $44,000). When she heard how expensive it was, she quickly slipped it off her wrist—a little too quickly, as it turns out.
The item slipped onto the floor where it broke into the two still attractive, but far less valuable pieces.
— tony mudgway (@ThMudge) June 29, 2017
Store staff attempted to calm her, but she still turned pale and passed out. Fortunately, fellow customers propped her up, so she didn’t end up joining the broken bracelet by falling to the floor. She was eventually revived by local medical workers and taken to a local hospital. Pictures of the woman passing out have gone viral.
— startupcrunch (@startupcrunch) June 29, 2017
According to Shanghaist, the two sides have not yet agreed on the woman’s liability for the item, but her family has offered 70,000 yuan.Follow JCK on Instagram: @jckmagazine
Follow JCK on Twitter: @jckmagazine
Follow JCK on Facebook: @jckmagazine