The Metropolitan Chapter of the Women’s Jewelry Association is offering members and GIA students an opportunity to be mentored one-on-one by industry professionals with expertise in topics such as design, manufacturing, diamonds, auctions, e-commerce, and marketing.
Each session will last 20 minutes and is on a first come first served basis.
The “Speed Mentoring” event will take place on March 12, from 6 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. at GIA, 270 Madison Avenue, at 39th St., New York. The cost for the event is $15 (free for GIA students), and a light supper is included.
Nonmembers can join and sign up for the event at the WJA Metro Web site.
WJA mentors for the “Speed Mentoring” event include:
* Appraising – Gail Brett Levine, National Association of Jewelry Appraisers
* Auctions – Karen Sampieri, Tiffany & Co.
* Career Information – Yancy Weinrich, JCK Events, LUXURY by JCK
* Design – Kendra Bridel Weinman
* Diamonds – Jeni Weinman
* E-Commerce – Wendy Culpepper, Wendy Culpepper LLC
* Manufacturing – Joy Toback-Galicki, Myron Toback Inc.
* Marketing/PR – Helena Krodel, Jewelry Information Center
* Retail – Christina Gandia, Greenwich Jewelers
* Watches – Randi Shinske