Recipients of the Women’s Jewelry Association’s Shining Star Award were recently named by the organization. Each year, WJA honors one member from each chapter with a Shining Star Award to recognize the recipient’s service, passion, and commitment to their WJA local chapters. Honorees were recognized during the group’s annual Women in the Know conference held in New York in the spring.
The 2009 Shining Star Award winners are:
* Jo Rosenblum, Rosenblum Fine Jewelers, Houston, Texas (Southwest Chapter)
* Karen Sampieri, Tiffany & Co., New York City (Metro Chapter)
* Sheila Netti, Netti Designs, San Diego, Calif. (San Diego Chapter)
* Sara Commers, Studio C Designs, St. Louis Park, Minn. (Twin Cities Chapter)
* Cynthia Sliwa, The Image Counselor, Hermosa Beach, Calif. (Los Angeles Chapter)
* Mary Doud, Seattle Diamonds, Seattle, Wash. (Pacific Northwest Chapter)
* Janet Deleuse, Deleuse Jewelers, Tiburon, Calif. (Northern California Chapter)
* Oanh Nguyen, City Line Jeweler, Lancaster, Pa. (Mid-Atlantic Chapter)
* Alicia Lagundino, Lagundino, Inc., Hollandale Beach, Fla. (Southeast Chapter)
* Denise Hartman, N. Green and Sons, Chicago (Midwest Chapter)
* Bev Strom, Phoenix, Ariz. (Rocky Mountain Chapter)
* Karen Bannister, Pajak, Sun Management Group, Cranston, R.I. (Northeast Chapter)
* Alexan Cerna, Alexan Fine Jewelry, Alexandria, Va. (DC Chapter)
For more information on WJA, visit www.womensjewelry.org or call the national office at (708) 361-6266.