A roundup of social media news to help jewelers improve their marketing techniques.
1. Tiffany & Co. is consistently rated “genius” in L2’s Digital IQ Index for the watches and jewelry category. The historic retailer is upping its social media cred. even more by revealing pieces from its 2013 Blue Book Collection exclusively to its Facebook community in a daily campaign. The campaign aims to “draw affluent and aspirational fans to a brand’s channels and increase its follower base.”
Do you think the idea will be successful? Has your store run any exclusive Facebook marketing campaigns that resulted in more sales and visibility?
2. A new book argues that smaller companies and obscure political parties are becoming just as powerful as big businesses and governmental organizations thanks to social media.
Do you think social media benefits smaller, independent jewelry stores just as much as larger retailers?
3. Some great tips for jewelers on how to better engage your Twitter followers. Remember, it’s not the total number of followers you have, it’s how devoted to your brand those followers are and how often they interact with you and others singing your praises.
What methods do you use to interact with your Twitter followers on a consistent basis?
4. Just when you thought you had a handle on all the social media outlets currently available, another app comes out that could potentially change the playing field. Thumble is a new photo-sharing app that includes “a social media loyalty program that generates real social ads from real people for brands they’re interacting with.” Businesses can cultivate new brand ambassadors that would be motivated by potential rewards.
Do you think this app will help businesses? How would you use it to help develop brand ambassadors of your store?
5. A recent study found that email marketing that includes social media sharing buttons generates an average click-through rate 158 percent higher than those without them.
Follow JCK on Instagram: @jckmagazine
Do you include social media sharing buttons in your email marketing? What other tactics generate more click-throughs for your store’s newsletter or email blasts?
Follow JCK on Twitter: @jckmagazine
Follow JCK on Facebook: @jckmagazine