As we embark on the New Year, the gems are in alignment, offering up a constellation of astrological options to put a twinkle in your eye. I suppose it’s in the stars that Zodiac glyphs and birthstones will enjoy perennial favor, but 2007’s cachet is that they are design-centric, customizable, and convertible. So take the bull by the horns and see what’s in store … you might find a little bit of heaven on earth.
- AsterCast, a genius alliance between the powerhouse behind Ten Thousand Things and sextrologists Starsky + Cox, clusters plug-and-play options aplenty (ID tags, colors, rising signs accompany the traditional horoscope fare) on an 18k charm holder, from the Stellium collection … another company would do well to join forces with the buzzed-about AstroTwins!
- The socially conscious Posto Del Sole’s Terra e Cielo (“earth and sky”) collection of pendants, in 18k or sterling silver, ride the neck solo or accompanied by diamond pavé drops
- Emily & Ashley’s Zodiac medallions have a Grecian flair with their discus shape, at Bergdorf Goodman, Fragments, and Neiman Marcus
- Juicy Couture’s charms can be clipped anywhere from traditional jewelry to key chains to belt loops to cell phones to handbags, at Shopbop
- Muldoon LA Astro Signs’ Ethereal collection of 14k gold charms look a bit like dog tags paired with a dangling gem; they stand alone or work well layered, at Lisa Rinna’s hip L.A. boutique, Belle Gray
- … And I hate playing favorites, but if you’re an Aries like me, Elizabeth Cole’s Ram bracelets and rings, with Swarovski crystals, are a must
Check out the last Trend Spotting: Anchors