W’s market editors rounded up this month’s 10 must-have trends.
1. The latest definition of power dressing? Tall boots paired with a sleek skirt.
Alexander Wang, $1,200, alexanderwang.com
2. Forget the mini: Knee-length skirts with a slit up-to-there create the sexiest contemporary silhouettes.
Altuzarra, $995, barneys.com
3. The new cropped-length trousers look especially cool in leather.
Derek Lam, $2,290, Derek Lam, New York City, 212-966-1616
4. The perfect staple to freshen a fall wardrobe: a crisp white coat.
Max Mara, $2,290, Max Mara, New York City, 212-879-6100
5. Long relegated to Grandma’s delicates drawer, the printed scarf is back—with a vengeance, as evidenced by Céline’s leather version, worn bandit-style à la Bonnie Parker.
$3,900, Céline, New York City, 212-535-3703
6. The boxy day bag has been given a sporty one-two punch.
Balenciaga by Nicolas Ghesquière, $1,995, Washington, D.C., 202-333-5343
7. In fashion, comfort often takes a back seat to style—not so with the season’s embellished sweatshirts.
Chloé, $2,150, by special order, Chloé, New York City, 212-717-8220
8. The inside of a lady’s purse is the stuff of delicious secrets. Fortunately, the oversize hardware on these Tom Ford numbers is at once sleek distraction and elegant padlock.
$3,630–$7,700, Tom Ford, Beverly Hills, 310-270-9440
9. Blame Olympic fever: We’re feeling the short, kicky cheerleader dress.
Stella McCartney, $3,690, stellamccartney.com
10. Turn heads with a pair of geometric shoulder sweepers.
Ippolita, $1,695, by special order, Saks Fifth Avenue, 877-551-7257