There is a trend I noticed with our best covers.
A great JCK magazine cover usually contains: a beautiful model, a stunning piece of jewelry, and a smart use of popular colors and text fonts. Considering that formula isn’t exactly rocket science, it’s hard to believe we had so many covers throughout our 140-year history that missed the mark.
Some fun facts about the time span of this JCK cover collection:
- 1965: Bob Dylan goes electric at the Newport Folk Festival.
- 1966: President Lyndon Johnson signs a bill that creates Daylight Savings Time.
- 1967: Thurgood Marshall becomes the first African-American Justice on the Supreme Court.
- 1968: The My Lai Massacre occurs during the Vietnam War.
- 1969: Neil Armstrong is the first person to take steps on the moon.
Here are the top 10 covers from 1965-69:
Also check out: