Jewelers Mutual Shares Tips for the Holiday Sales Season
Insurance group Jewelers Mutual has released five tips for “maximizing the store experience” this holiday season, focusing on what retailers need to go beyond the sale.
“It’s time to recalibrate and reset expectations as we move into the new era of retail,” said vice president of sales Mark Devereaux in a press release. “Jewelers sell emotion and something that will be treasured long after the sale. Couple that with exceptional customer experience, and that’s the recipe for a successful holiday season.”
A 2016 report by Forrester Research has shown that exceptional customer experiences bring in 5.7 times more revenue to stores than mundane customer experiences. The insurer hopes to help luxury retailers take advantage this holiday season. Its five tips include:
1. Have a robust website. According to a survey by Retail Dive, more than 65 percent of consumers conduct online product research before stepping foot in any store. Having an informational, easy-to-navigate website will facilitate the process of bringing them in to buy.
2. Be personal. Jewelers Mutual suggests a salesperson “get to know the person across the counter and make a connection. To do this well, you need to make sure your staff is adequately trained.”
3. Do something unexpected. From a gift with purchase to sending a special treat to your top 100 customers, turning the tables and taking care of clients is an unexpected surprise that they will appreciate.
4. Make sure you are adequately staffed. Jewelers Mutual suggests hiring temporary help for tasks like gift-wrapping, ringing up sales, and serving food and drink. Keeping customers’ visits convenient and memorable are important elements to a successful holiday season.
5. Remember them after the sale. The company suggests sending out thank you notes to your December customers in the new year. “In a world of everything digital, something handwritten will be noticed and appreciated,” it notes.
For more information and a detailed list, visit jewelersmutual.com.