Stuller Learning Institute, an in-house training program of Stuller, Inc., will host a Fall Jewelers Workshop on October 4, 5, and 6, 2002 at the company’s global headquarters in Lafayette, La. The program allows retailer jewelers and other jewelry professionals the opportunities to improve bench and sales/management skills through demonstrations and workshops, presented by recognized experts from the industry and Stuller’s staff.
Registration is $125 per person and special hotel and airline travel packages are available for attendees. Interested jewelers can call (800) 877-7777, ext. 2401 for more information.
Bench workshops will include:
* “A,B,C-1,2,3” Casting
* GRS equipment and engraving
* Wax carving techniques
* Working with platinum
* Stone setting techniques: round/fancy/channel/pavé
* Mold making the Stuller way
* Time saving laser welding
* Metal fabrication
* Updated general repair techniques
Sales and Marketing workshops will include:
* Jewelers of America – certification for sales associates
* No cost inventory
* Sales department – special programs for special people
* PR and low cost local media
* Marketing department – promotional advertising kits, ad Slicks, press, radio
* E-Biz Web
* Increase your production capabilities
* Merchandise displays to increase your sales
Workshops and demonstrations will be held throughout the day on Saturday and Sunday, giving participants an opportunity to attend everything, or only the ones of interest. Stuller will also feature product displays for attendees to review and purchase. Some items will be offered on a cash-and-carry basis. For items ordered but not inventoried during the weekend, Stuller will ship these items to the customer free of charge during the following week. In addition, some closeouts and special offers will be available.