JCK Las Vegas, May 30 – June 3, will include a number of special of special events. They are as follows:
May 28 – 29 – Pre-Show Events
• The JCK Conference Program will feature over 35 business relevant sessions.
• The AGTA GemFair opens at the Venetian Hotel offering a wide selection of colored gemstones, cultured pearls and jewelry.
May 30, Show Floor Open 10 a.m. – 6 p.m.
• Hip hop mogul and philanthropist Russell Simmons will share insights during the opening day keynote presentation with a Q&A session moderated by Martin Rapaport at 8:30 a.m. in the Venetian.
• The JCK Welcome Reception and Fashion Show at Caesar’s Palace from 7 p.m. – 10 p.m. Open to all attendees.
• Conde Nast Bridal Media will host a party at the TAO Nightclub in the Venetian from 6 p.m. – 8 p.m. Invitation only.
May 31, Show Floor Open 10 a.m. – 6 p.m.
• Jewelers of America will host an Executive Roundtable Discussion: “Retailer-Supplier Relationships: Changing Expectations,” starting at 8:30 a.m.
• Shane Decker of Ex-SELL-Ence will present “Where Have All the Stores Gone?” during an afternoon Keynote Presentation from 12 p.m. – 1:15 p.m.
• The California Jewelers Association will host a Champagne Reception. Invitation only.
• The Plumb Club will host a dinner to recognize their customers and partners. Invitation Only.
June 1, Show Floor Open 10 a.m. – 6 p.m.
• The Natural Color Diamond Association will host a breakfast event in the Venetian Ballrooms at 9 a.m.
• Retailers are invited to The Tanzanite Quality Scale to learn more about this cherished and sought-after gemstone at 9:15 a.m. in the Venetian Ballrooms.
• Enjoy exotic Thai and Oriental cuisine with the Thai Gem and Jewelry Traders Association at the Thai Networking Lunch and Product Preview, from 11 a.m. – 3 p.m. in Venetian Ballrooms.
• Two industry greats will join together for the Innovative Shopping Experiences & the Gabrielle Diamond special event luncheon at 12 p.m. Legendary Gabrielle Tolkowsky & Renowned Educationalist Diane Warga-Arias will inform and educate.
• The Top 50 Retailer Awards will be presented at 2:30 p.m. in the Design Center on Level 2 of the Sands Expo Center.
• Join LeVian for their Red Carpet Revue 2008 in the Level 4 Ballrooms at the Venetian Hotel from 4 p.m. – 6 p.m. “InStyle” and LeVian will come together to forecast the 2009 fashion and fine jewelry trends.
• The Jewelers for Children, 10th Anniversary Facets of Hope Celebration will take place in the Palazzo Ballroom in the Venetian Hotel starting at 6:30 p.m.
June 2, Show Floor Open 10 a.m. – 6 p.m.
• Martin Rapaport will present the “State of the Diamond Industry” starting at 8 a.m. RSVP required to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• The breakfast keynote will be followed by the Bankers Conference and Fair Trade Jewelry Conference. RSVP required to email@example.com.
• The WJA Diva Awards will be held at TAO Asian Bistro – Opium Room from 6 p.m. – 8 p.m. Invitation only.
June 3, Show Floor Open 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.
• Visit Level 3 of the Venetian Hotel and enter for your chance to win a LG 42” Flat Panel LCD HDTV.
• Visit the Design Center on Level 2 at 1 p.m. for the Design Center Sweepstakes where a retailer will win a $2,500 Merchandise Credit to put toward any order placed with a Design Center Exhibitor.
JCK Las Vegas 2009 will be held May 30 – June 3. Note the date pattern change to accommodate those who observe Shavuot. For the most up-to-date information on all special events, visit www.jcklasvegasshow.com.