Signet Jewelers labeled fiscal year 2012 an “outstanding” one for the company. It posted a 9 percent increase in same store sales, and 67 percent increase in income before income taxes.
The company also boasted increases in total sales (up 9.1 percent), diluted earnings per share ($3.73, up 60.8 percent), and operating margin (to 13.5 percent, from 10.8 percent in fiscal 2011.)
Other highlights of Signet’s financial report for fiscal year 2012:
- U.S. net operating income: $478 million, up 39.5%
- U.S. total sales: $3.03 billion, up 10.5%
- U.S. same store sales: Up 11.1%
- U.K. net operating income: $56.1 million, a 1.6 percent drop.
- U.K. total sales: $715.1 million, up 3.1%
- U.K. same store sales: Up 0.9%
“We are pleased with our sales for Valentine’s Day and believe that Signet is well positioned for Fiscal 2013,” said CEO Michael Barnes in a statement.Follow JCK on Instagram: @jckmagazine
Follow JCK on Twitter: @jckmagazine
Follow JCK on Facebook: @jckmagazine