The Jewelers Exchange building in San Diego, California was
evacuated July 5 after an employee arriving for work accidentally dropped a
one-gallon container of muriatic acid and it ruptured, according to a local news
According to the report, the worker’s wife was taken to a
hospital for treatment after inhaling the fumes. Roughly 25 people were in the building when the spill
occurred. A fire hazardous
materials team neutralized and removed the acid and workers were allowed back
into the building at around noon.