Rio Tinto Diamonds announced the winners of its global design competition, awarded by a panel of eight judges from the fashion and jewelry industries.
“I was extremely impressed with how each of the designers interpreted the challenge and came up with unique and beautiful jewelry pieces that highlight the use of Rio Tinto’s diverse diamonds portfolio,” said judge and style editor Michael O’Connor in a statement.
The nine winning designers will have their designs showcased at a suite at the 2012 Academy Awards.
The winning designs are:
– Champagne Diamonds Master Craftsman- Nejal Rajesh Mehta, India
– Champagne Diamonds Rising Star- Stacey Lindsell, Australia
– Silvermist Diamonds Master Craftsman- Dean Walker, Australia
– Silvermist Diamonds Rising Star- Vijayshree Sovani, India
– Canadian Diamonds Master Craftsman- Reena Ahluwalia, Canada
– Canadian Diamonds Rising Star- Michelle Buxani, Hong Kong
– Sustainable Jewelry Master Craftsman- Nadia Neuman, Australia
– Sustainable Jewelry Rising Star- V. Saravanan, India