Rio Tinto Appoints New Diavik President


Rio Tinto has appointed Patrick Boitumelo president and chief operating officer of Diavik Diamond Mines.

He was most recently general manager of engineering and projects at Kennecott Utah Copper in Salt Lake City, Utah.

He will move to Yellowknife, in Canada’s Northwest Territories, where Diavik is located, and commence his appointment at the end of July.

Rio Tinto owns 60 percent of Diavik (pictured); Dominion Diamond Corp. owns the remaining 40 percent.

(Photo courtesy of Rio Tinto)

Follow JCK on Instagram: @jckmagazine
Follow JCK on Twitter: @jckmagazine
Follow JCK on Facebook: @jckmagazine

JCK News Director

Log Out

Are you sure you want to log out?

CancelLog out