Retailers across the country became involved in a national platinum promotion by hosting “platinum parties.”
The promotion, called, “Platinum Opportunity,” was the brainchild of Platinum Guild International USA in partnership with national consumer magazines, including Glamour, Harpers Bazaar, InStyle, and Lucky. Each participating retailer created a platinum event that generated exposure and local buzz, while building a consumer business opportunities for their stores and for platinum jewelry.
Among the retail stores to host successful and exclusive platinum parties this fall, according to PGI-USA, were:
* Day’s Jewelers, Manchester, N.H, on September 15 featured jewelry by Lieberfarb, Martin Flyer, Simon G., and Timeless Designs
* Wedding Day Diamonds, Burnsville, Minn., on September 24 featured jewelry by Diana Classic, Jeff Cooper, and Ritani
* Long’s Jewelers, Boston, on September 29 featured jewelry by Hearts on Fire, Memoire, Ritani, and Scott Kay
* Robbins Brothers, Fullerton, Calif., on October 6 featured jewelry by Jeff Cooper
* Cornell’s Jewelers, Rochester, N.Y., on October 22 featured jewelry by Daniel K, Hearts on Fire, Jack Kelége, Jeff Cooper, Memoire, and Tacori
In addition showcasing a wide assortment of platinum fashion and bridal jewelry from various industry brands, each retailer offered fun incentives to their exclusive group of guests as well as the opportunity for customers to actually meet the designers and magazine editors. Designer Jeff Cooper made a special guest appearance at the Robbins Brothers event. Jane Loddo, merchandising editor of Harper’s Bazaar made a special fashion and accessory trend watch presentation at Cornell’s Jewelers. For fun incentives, guest names were drawn to win contest giveaways. Guests also left with gift bags sponsored by PGI-USA and the magazine partner.
To receive a copy of the Platinum Opportunity Kit, a comprehensive book of PGI-USA support programs, contact Sunny Beeker at 714.442.3106 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.