Pinterest recently announced the introduction of Pinterest TV, a new series of live, shoppable episodes hosted by creators within the app.
Beginning today, new episodes will be added each weekday, airing live at 3 p.m. ET. The episodes will be available for viewers to watch on demand and to save and rewatch later after they air. During the live airings, product drops—from brands including Allbirds, Crown Affair, Melody Ehsani, Outdoor Voices, Mented Cosmetics, and others—will be offered with discounts, in many cases. According to Pinterest, a new brand will host a product drop every Friday.
Upon launch, pinners can access the new feature by clicking the TV icon in the Pinterest app. If one was to catch an episode live, they’d have the opportunity to interact with the hosts by asking questions via a chat function. So far, according to Pinterest, the weekly lineup looks like this:
- Christian On. Each week, American fashion designer and Project Runway alum Christian Siriano brings to life the most-searched fashion terms on Pinterest.
- Unfail My. Director and screenwriter Monica Suriyage is joined by Pinterest food creators to “unfail” the holiday dishes of cooks across the country. From a collapsed gingerbread house to an inedible vegan chocolate chip cookie, our specialists run to the rescue.
- Tom Tries. Tom Daley, Olympic gold medalist in diving and knitting guru, will spend time each week learning new skills from grandmas and grandpas.
- Manny Does. Beauty entrepreneur Manny MUA brings his wit and wisdom to answering the most common holiday beauty needs.
- Buy This. Host and comedian Robyn Schall, along with Pinterest creators, will show how products from brands such as Melody Ehsani and Crown Affair look and feel in real time, just in time for holiday gift-giving.
As most of these hosts aren’t brand specific, it appears that a number of different products may be offered throughout the airing of these episodes, giving some brands the opportunity to be featured in a live, shoppable setting. Those wishing to pitch their products to be featured can get in touch with the Pinterest creators hosting episodes. In addition, Pinterest creators interested in hosting their own Pinterest TV episodes can apply to do so here.
Check out Pinterest TV at pinterest.com/tv.
Top: Pinterest TV screenshot via PinterestFollow JCK on Instagram: @jckmagazine
Follow JCK on Twitter: @jckmagazine
Follow JCK on Facebook: @jckmagazine