Tips for sorting with smarts on the influential social site
Bridal jewelry brand Ritani has more than 7,000 followers on Pinterest, the fastest-growing (and most visual) of all social media sites. And much of its success on the site could be contributed to how flat-out enjoyable it is to peruse the brand’s 5,000-plus pins, spread out over 74 well-curated boards.
But the brand is also pinning with some serious strategy in mind. Here are a few of the company’s savviest moves.
1. The boards and pins feature a ton of beautiful product photos, but those are interspersed with content that’s truly helpful to brides—mainly how-tos and shopping guides full of products that align with Ritani’s core consumer. Pinterest users don’t want to feel like they’re being sold to—give your boards some air.
2. Ritani’s first four boards paint a vivid picture of the brand. Seventy percent of Pinterest users access the site on mobile devices, so your top boards should be your most defining.
3. There’s a board dedicated to blog posts written to inspire and educate. If you have an awesome blog or set of educational videos, showcase them! Make your Pinterest a rabbit hole that brides-to-be don’t want to escape from. Load up the quality content.
4. Complementary products are highlighted on lower boards and include fashion, festive cocktails, bridal-party gifts. Together the boards create a portrait of a lifestyle, not a product catalog.
5. Boards about diamonds and diamond cuts are titled in detail (for better searching) and show all relevant products. This is a real resource for brides-to-be looking for a specific diamond cut or mounting. Start broad when pinning to boards, but give users some grist, too.
Follow JCK on Instagram: @jckmagazine
Follow JCK on Twitter: @jckmagazine
Follow JCK on Facebook: @jckmagazine