Platinum Guild International USA partnered with the Clothes Off Our Back Foundation for their annual Hollywood Awards Show charity, rolling auction. The auction generated over $150,000 in proceeds. Proceeds from the auction will support several children’s charities.
The auction, which ran through March 31, benefits the following children’s charities:
* UNICEF’S work in the Sudan—Founded in 1946, UNICEF helps save, protect, and improve the lives of children around the world through immunization, education, health care, nutrition, clean water, and sanitation.
* Half the Sky—Created by adoptive parents of orphaned Chinese children, its purpose is to enrich the lives and enhance the prospects for the babies and children in China who still wait to be adopted, and for those who will spend their childhoods in orphanages.
* Cure Autism Now —Founded in 1995, CAN is an organization of parents, clinicians and leading scientists committed to accelerating the pace of biomedical research in autism through research, education and outreach.
Several auction items donated from PGI-USA’s Red Carpet Previews (coinciding with the 2005 Emmy Awards, 2006 Golden Globes, and 2006 Academy Awards) were sold. The auction items included: Autographed I Do polishes containing a pure, platinum dust. Items auctioned off included the following:
* Brittany Murphy’s autographed polish, final bid $250
* Nicollette Sheridan’s (Desperate Housewives) autographed polish, $200
* Jane Kaczermarek’s (Malcolm In the Middle) autographed polish, $150
* Terry O’Quinn’s (Lost) autographed polish, $130
* Patricia Arquette’s (Medium) autographed polish, $110
* Jesse Metcalfe’s (Desperate Housewives) autographed polish, $110
* Stockard Channing’s (Out of Practice) autographed polish, $90
* Rachel Leigh Cook’s (Las Vegas) autographed polish, $90
* Angela Bassett’s (Mr.& Mrs. Smith) autographed polish, $75
* Amber Valletta’s (Hitch) autographed polish, $50
* Andrea Bowen’s (Desperate Housewives) autographed polish, $50
PGI Red Carpet Preview celebrity gift bags—
* Emmy Awards gift bag, final bid $1,100
* Academy Awards gift bag, final bid: $1,050
* Golden Globe gift bag, final bid: $650
An autographed pair of jeans with a pure platinum thread by Gekko, final bid: $1,500.
Clothes Off Our Back hosts charity auctions showcasing today’s hottest celebrity attire. Items are put up for bid to the public with proceeds to benefit children’s charities. Clothes Off Our Back was founded by, actors and philanthropists, Jane Kaczmarek and Bradley Whitford (The West Wing). Their efforts, along with their celebrity and designer friends, have helped improve the lives of children across the globe. Auctions are hosted on the organization’s Web site (www.clothesoffourback.com).Follow JCK on Instagram: @jckmagazine
Follow JCK on Twitter: @jckmagazine
Follow JCK on Facebook: @jckmagazine