The Pantone Spring 2017 Fashion Color Report provides an overview of designers’ color choices in their new clothing collections. It’s important that jewelers know these seasonal choices, so they can help customers successfully color-block accessories. Here are five ways to color-block with Pantone’s Lapis Blue.
“Convey energy with Lapis Blue. Strong and confident, this intense blue shade is imbued with an inner radiance.” —Pantone
1. Suggest a soft and unexpected style—pink gold—for shoppers wearing Lapis Blue attire.
Kaslique drop earrings in 14k pink gold with 0.5 ct. t.w. diamonds, $1,385; Gabriel & Co.
2. Let Lapis Blue make a robust and bright statement by wearing an understated jewel in a complementary white metal with a few light-blue stones.
Band in 14k white gold with 0.12 ct. t.w. aquamarine, $522; Stuller
3. Pair a crisp white metal with Lapis Blue for contrast.
Bracelet in 18k white gold with 1.09 cts. t.w. diamonds, $16,500; Mattia Cielo
4. Give Lapis Blue a classic look with yellow gold.
Empire pendant necklace in 18k yellow gold with 0.11 ct. t.w. diamonds, $1,920; Doryn Wallach
5. Give a Lapis Blue–color outfit an analogous effect with different shades of blue and purple gemstones.
Ring in 14k yellow gold with 2.62 ct. Swiss blue topaz and 2.03 ct. amethyst, $490; Jewelmak
The Style 360 blog is your editorial source for the newest jewelry, trends, fashion, market analysis, trade show insights, designer profiles, and more.