Unity Marketing, Stevens, Pa., has unveiled a new report packed with facts and figures about the luxury watch market. Entitled the Luxury Watch Snapshot Report 2009, the report reveals influential data for jewelry marketers looking for help in assessing opportunities and shifts in the products affluent consumers are buying and how much they are spending.
• Types of watches, including men and women’s casual and formal watches, of most of interest to affluent consumers and how these items are trending year-over-year both in terms of purchase incidence and spending.
• Trends in men and women’s formal watch purchases by material (i.e. gold, silver, platinum, etc.) and gemstone (i.e. diamonds, other precious stones, semi-precious stones, pearls, etc.)
• Demographic segments of affluent consumers who are increasing their spending and those who are cutting back on luxury watch purchases.
• Hot destination retailers for watch shopping and those are still struggling to get into the game.
• Top luxury watch brands (of the more than 15 included in the survey) that resonate most strongly with affluent consumers, especially among the ultra-affluent segment-HHI $250,000-who are the most loyal customers for the leading luxury brands.
• And, marketing messages that are most appealing to affluent consumers in the watch sector.
Data also includes some taken from Unity Marketing’s Luxury Report 2009, The Ultimate Guide to the Luxury Consumer Market, which is based upon quarterly surveys among 1,000-1,200 affluent consumers (incomes $100,000 and above) conducted in 2007 and 2008.
The 32-page report was released in August 2009, and is available for purchase for $495. For more information, log onto UnityMarketingOnline.com.