New Jersey Store Owner Died From Cyanide Poisoning



A jewelry store owner in who was found dead in his shop in June died from acute cyanide poisoning, according to a news report.

Sushil Bhalla, 46, owner of Aabhushan Family Jewelers in Edison, New Jersey was found dead Monday, June 15 after police received reports of a chemical release.

Police were initially unsure if Bhalla died from a heart attack or from exposure to cyanide, which is used in jewelry cleaning. Police had found a container with 4 to 5 ounces of cyanide in a back room of the store.
Bhalla’s death was called a “big loss for the community” in press accounts in June.