The appraisal organization dedicated exclusively to gems and jewelry presents a program to assist the professional appraiser’s continuing education and an networking experience.
“Hand’s On!” is the theme of the four-day conference. Every session provides a hand’s on experience—a examining hallmarks, emeralds, simulated/synthetic stones, lapidary art, jadeite and cutting edge metals!
The daily programs are as follows:
* Appraising the Unusual – Stepping Outside Your Loupe; Charles Ellias, GG
* Touch It, Feel It, Value It Joseph; DuMouchelle, GG
* Performance Appraising: The Diamond and the Document; Diane Flora, GG, CGA
* Pitfalls in Flashy Containers – the microWorld of Gems and Gemological Wannabees; John Koivula, GG, FGA
* The Secret Rituals of the Almighty Righteous Spectroscope; Arthur Skuratowicz, GJG
* Name That Market! Joseph Tenhagen, GG
* New Concepts and Methodology of Hallmarks Today; Danusia Nicklewicz, GG, FGA and William Whetson
* How Much Information can you Derive from a Hallmark? Danusia Nicklewicz, GG, FGA and William Whetson
* Secrets of Hallmarks Lost in Translation; Danusia Nicklewicz, GG, FGA and William Whetson
* Stump the Experts, Show and Tell and Round Table Discussions the Effects of Hallmarks on Valuation; Danusia Nicklewicz, GG, FGA and William Whetson
* How I Learned to Love Jade and Hate Diamonds; Don Kay
* Flawless Diamond Grading – All Included! Dan Gillen, GG
* Rising Stars on the Horizon: Alternative Metals for 21st Century Jewelry Metals; Teresa Shannon, Chris Ploof & Linus Drogs
* Pricing and Grading Treated Gems and Diamonds; Richard Drucker, GG and Stuart Robertson, GG
* Identification and Evaluation of Emeralds from Around the World; Arthur Groom, GG
To receive a conference brochure or for further information and conference reservations, contact Gail Brett Levine, GG, executive director, National Association of Jewelry Appraisers, 718.896-1536, fax. 718-997-9057, firstname.lastname@example.org, www.NAJAappraisers.com.