The National Association of Jewelry Appraisers will hold its 29th Annual Winter ACE It Education Conference in Tucson, Ariz., Feb. 4-5, 2008.
The appraisal organization, dedicated to gems and jewelry, will present a program to assist the professional appraiser’s continuing education and networking experience.
The daily programs are:
Feb. 4 – Getting Stoned!
* Gem Testing Accessories and Techniques, Alan Hodgkinson, FGA, DGA;
* How Clean are Them Teeth? Liz A. Burnett, GG;
* But is it Real or is it Plastic, Maggie Pederson, FGA;
* Appraising Lapidary Art & Avoid Litigation, Charles Ellias, GG;
* Properties of Cultured Pearls and Imitations, Treatments, Synthetics, and Dyeing, Elisabeth Strack, FGA;
* USPAP Update for Personal Property Appraisers, Howard Rubin, GG;
Feb. 5 – Getting It Right!
* Couture Outside Time Square, Ernesto Moreira
* CSI Tucson: Has Ruby Undergone Cosmetic Surgey or Has She Been Cloned?;
* Arthur Anton Skurtowicz, GG, ICGA;
* A Constructive Approach to Investment Scam Appraisals Mark Cartwright, GG, CSM;
* Mining Adventures – From Here to Brazil and … Beyond, Mariana Maria Photiou, FGA;
To receive a conference brochure or for further information and conference reservations, contact Gail Brett Levine, GG, executive director, NAJA at 718.896-1536; fax. 718-997-9057; or email@example.com. Or visit www.NAJAappraisers.com.