The 24 Karat Club Southeastern United States held its 41st annual banquet on Aug. 8 and named Mary Hayes of Hayes Jewelers in Mobile, Ala., its jeweler of the year.
Hayes founded Hayes Jewelers in 1982. She is a GIA graduate, a member of the Alabama Jewelers Association, and on the board of directors for the Bishop State Community College School of Jewelry and Watch Repair.
New officers and board members were also announced at the banquet.
The 2015/2016 officers are:
• President: Bill Newnam, Southern Jewelry News
• Vice president: Keely Grice, Grice Showcase & Display
• Treasurer: Randy Lindsey, Jack R. Lindsey & Co.
• Secretary: Sheri Ihde, Jewelers Mutual Insurance Co.
• Executive Secretary: Judy Upton, Judy Carter & Associates
New board members for 2015/2016 include:
• Rick Arnemann, Harmon Group
• Melissa Becker, Berkley Asset Protection
• David Siminski, United Precious Metals RefiningFollow JCK on Instagram: @jckmagazine
Follow JCK on Twitter: @jckmagazine
Follow JCK on Facebook: @jckmagazine