The annual list of the largest ten exporters of polished diamonds in Israel was published by the Israel Diamond Controller’s Office in the Ministry of Industry, Trade and Labor. Topping the list once again is L.L.D. Diamonds Ltd., owned by Lev Leviev, with exports of $553 million in 2006, compared to $601 million in 2005.
Second on the list of top exporters is Leo Schachter Ltd. with $460 million. In the next place is Moshe Namdar and Co. with $204 million.
The remaining top exporters of polished diamonds (ranked third through seventh) are:
* A.Dalumi Diamonds Ltd., $158 million;
* Espeka Diamonds (Israel) Ltd., $156 million;
* Yerushalmi Brothers Ltd., $148 million;
* Wertheimer-Fruchter Diamonds, $125 million;
* M.I.D. House of Diamonds Ltd., $109 million;
* Salant Group Ltd., $95 million; and
* Rosy Blue Sales Ltd., $89 million.