The World Gold Council will unveil the Leaves of Change collection of celebrity designed leaf-motif gold jewelry on April 20.
A total of 14 Hollywood celebrities teamed up with renowned jewelry designers to design a piece of gold jewelry with a leaf motif. All proceeds from the auction of these jewelry items will go to the charity of their choice. Photos of all celebrity leaf designs will be accessible to the public on www.leavesofchange.org, as well as photos of the celebrities and their initial sketches.
A charitable gala benefit will take place on May 7, in honor of May is Gold Month. The event will take place in New York City during which a simultaneous live and online auction, facilitated by Sotheby’s auctioneer Gary Schuler, will be held to raise funds and awareness for all of the designated charities. Combining each celebrity’s unique sense of creativity with the craft of a master goldsmith, Leaves of Change™ is intended to touch the lives of many and bring hope to these challenging times.
Participating jewelry designers and charities include:
* Christina Applegate with Alex Woo for Right Action for Women
* Whoopi Goldberg with Annie Fensterstock for Ronald McDonald House
* Marcia Gay Harden with Ariane Zurcher for Waterkeeper Alliance
* Samantha Harris with Erica Molinari for Jewelers for Children
* Debra Messing with Robert Lee Morris for Youth AIDS
* Eric McCormack with Mauri Pioppo for Project Angel Food
* Chris Noth with Robin Rotenier for Make-A-Wish Foundation®
* Lena Olin with Mauri Pioppo for Hope for Henry
* Rachael Ray with K. Brunini Jewels for Yum-o!
* Susan Sarandon with Mattioli for Holy Apostles Soup Kitchen
* Brooke Shields with TreSpighe for Gold Expressions, for Jewelers for Children
* Pauletta & Denzel Washington with Leslie Greene for Jewelers for Children
“It’s exciting to capitalize on gold’s profound and enduring emotional significance by supporting so many worthy causes,” said Duvall O’Steen, spokesperson for World Gold Council.
Each of the jewelry designers in the program donated time and money to create an exclusive set of three pieces from the celebrity sketch/design: one being gifted to the celebrity and one being auctioned off in May 2009 with proceeds going to the designated charities. The third piece will travel on tour from July to December to approximately 16 U.S. cities outside of New York to further raise awareness for the multiple charities.