The Women’s Jewelry Association recently announced the appointment of Kendra Bridel Weinman as its incoming president. Weinman succeeds Yancy Weinrich, Luxury by JCK and JCK Las Vegas, who completed her two-year term in that role.
Weinman, president of Lusciouss International, has a bachelor’s degree in business administration and over 11 years of experience in the jewelry industry, including positions at Montblanc and Taché Jewelry, where she ran Taché’s luxury division.
The board recognized retiring board members Ronni Klein, International Bronze; Norma Haas, ENH International; and Kathryn Kimmel, Gemological Institute of America.
WJA board officers are:
• Kendra Bridel Weinman (president), Lusciouss International and Kendra Bridel Weinman, Bedford, N.Y.
• Yancy Weinrich (immediate past president), Luxury by JCK and JCK Las Vegas, New York, N.Y.
• Tryna Kochanek (president-elect), Sterling, Inc., Akron, Ohio
• Gena Alulis, (treasurer), SUPERFIT, Inc., King of Prussia, Pa.
• Brandee Dallow (vice president of administration), Julius Klein Group, New York, N.Y.
• Sue Elliott (vice president of chapter affairs), Gemological Institute of America, Carlsbad, Calif.
• Anne Valentzas (vice president of education), Leo Schacter Diamonds, New York, N.Y.
• Fran Pennella (vice president of business services), Benali Consulting, Stamford, Conn.
• Ann Arnold (vice president of leadership development), Lieberfarb, Inc, Orange, N.J.
• Susan Rothman (co-vice president of membership), Hearts On Fire, Boston, Mass.
• Lisa Cochin (co-vice president of events), Diamond Promotion Service, New York, N.Y.
• Anna Martin (co-vice president of events), Standard Chartered Bank, London, England
• Michelle Orman (vice president of public relations), Last Word Communications, Brooklyn, N.Y.
• Diane Warga-Arias (vice president of fundraising); DWA Communications, Pompano, Fla.
• Ruth Batson, American Gem Society, Las Vegas, Nev.
• Phyllis Berman, Mercury Ring Corp., Englewood, N.J.
• Cathy Calhoun, Calhoun Jewelers, Royersford, Pa.
• Jessica Cohen, LUP, New York, N.Y.
• Cindy Edelstein, Jewelers’ Resource Bureau, Pelham Manor, N.Y.
• Marcee Feinberg, Lazare Kaplan International Inc., New York, N.Y.
• Isabella Fiske, Lieberfarb, Inc., Orange, N.J.
• Sue Fritz, Jewelers Mutual Insurance Company, Neenah, Wis.
• Cecilia Gardner, Jewelers Vigilance Committee, New York, N.Y.
• Patti Geolat, Geolat Companies, Dallas, Texas
• Babette Goodman Cohen, I.B. Goodman Co., New York, N.Y.
• Julianne Jaffe, J.J. Marco, New York, N.Y.
• Dione Kenyon, Jewelers Board of Trade, Warwick, R.I.
• Amy Rosi, Aros Communications, New York, N.Y.
• Hedda Schupak, King of Prussia, Pa.
• Joy Toback-Galicki, Myron Toback, Inc., New York, N.Y.
• Denise Shaffer, CTP, Sterling Jewelers, Akron, Ohio