JCK is accepting application for its second annual “Jewelers Choice Awards“—the first industry design competition to harness the Internet and allow retailers to vote for their favorite designs. The deadline for entries is Sept. 19.
Last year’s inaugural version of the awards attracted more than 430 entries and more than 11,000 votes.
The contest consists of more than twenty product categories, each containing up to four price points. Manufacturers and Designers are encouraged to enter as many categories and price points as they see fit. The categories are as follows:
Journey Diamond Jewelry
Colored Diamond Jewelry
Colored Stone Jewelry
Created/Synthetic Stone Jewelry
Contemporary Legends in Gold
3 Platinum Ring Bridal Set
Contemporary Metal Jewelry
Mixed Metal Jewelry
Best Necklace Design
Best Earring Design
Best Ring Design
Best Bracelet Design
Best Bridal Design
In November, retailers from around the country will be invited to visit the contest Web site and vote for their favorites in each category. The finalists will be announced in late December. Winners will be announced in January.
In addition to the online contest, the awards will be promoted through the following venues:
* JCK will publish a tabloid-sized Jewelers Choice Awards Preview Edition which will polybag with JCK magazine. All jewelry entries will be included.
* Winners will be showcased with an original photography feature in the March 2009 issue of JCK magazine.
* Winners and finalists will be honored in a special Jewelers Choice Advertorial supplement that will polybag with the April 2009 issue of JCK.
* Winners and finalists will receive a 2009 Jewelers Choice Awards seal to be included in their advertisements and marketing materials. In addition, they’ll receive counter cards of their winning designs to promote their placement at tradeshows.
* Photographs of the winning pieces will be displayed at the 2009 JCK Las Vegas Show opening night gala.
Go to www.jckonline.com/jewelerschoiceawards and download the entry form along with the rules and regulations of the contest and categories.
Submit order form, photographs, and payment to JCK Jewelers Choice Awards by Sept. 19.