JCK Toronto opened Aug. 7 at the Metro Toronto Convention Centre, with networking events, seminars, and more than 150 manufacturers and suppliers showing their wares.
The Canadian Jewellers Association, co-sponsors of the event, presented its annual CJA Chairman’s Award at the opening welcome reception to Judy Richards from Davidson’s Jewellers in Ottawa.
Event organizers said the first day was “robust.”
“We were quite pleased with the first day of JCK Toronto,” said John Tierney, Event Director, JCK Toronto, in a statement. “Retailers and manufacturers/suppliers alike were pleased with the buying and selling opportunities.”
Among the noteworthy trends:
– Bangles dominated the bracelet category in a variety of shapes, materials, and hammered metals.
– Toronto-based Tatiana Jewellery and New York-based RevaBella both showed a collection of lariats.
– RevaBella previewed popcorn silver chains descending to centerpieces.
– Orau Pearls offered natural and pastel-colored French Polynesian pearls.
– Oxette by Market Leaders offered modern timepieces, some with colorful bands.
– KJD Jewelers offered a whimsical array of cufflinks.
The show runs through Aug. 9.
For a complete list of exhibiting companies, click here: www.jcktoronto.com/exhibitors.