JCK Events industry vice president Yancy Weinrich and JCK senior editor Jennifer Heebner were among those honored with Awards for Excellence by the Women’s Jewelry Association at Pier 60 in New York City on July 25.
Weinrich was honored in the “Special Services” category, and Heebner was honored in the “Media” category.
The event also honored Diamond Trading Company CEO Varda Shine with the WJA Hall of Fame Lifetime Achievement Award. Stuller CEO Matthew Stuller received the WJA Hall of Fame Ben Kaiser Award.
Helzberg Diamonds was honored with the WJA Hall of Fame Corporate Award, which was accepted by CEO Beryl Raff.
Among the other winners of the “Awards for Excellence”:
- Design – Fine Jewelry & Watches: Katey Brunini Marotta, K. Brunini Jewels, Solana Beach, Calif.
- Manufacturer/Dealer/Supplier of Fine Jewelry/Gemstones/Metals: Joanne Slawitsky, Kassoy, Plainview, N.Y.
- Retail-15 Stores or More: Debbie K. Sloane, Cartier North America, N.Y.
- Retail-Fewer than 15 Stores: Maria Piano, Shreve & Co., San Francisco, Calif.
- Retail-Non-Traditional: Diane Irvine, Blue Nile, Seattle, Wash.
- Sales/Merchandising, Dawn McGuire, Sterling, Akron, Ohio
- Marketing & Communications: Michelle Orman, Last Word Communications, Brooklyn
Follow JCK on Twitter: @jckmagazine
Follow JCK on Facebook: @jckmagazine