The clock is counting down, and the entire industry is realizing: The JCK Show is just about here.
The JCK Show will be held Aug. 27–30, at The Venetian Resort & Sands Expo in Las Vegas. Luxury by JCK runs at the same time, with the first few days—Aug. 24–26—invitation only. The GEMS show will open on Aug. 26.
This year’s shows will feature plenty of events; click here for a full schedule.
Show owner RX, which also owns JCK and JCKonline, provided the following press release:
After over two years, the JCK Show and Luxury by JCK, the premier destinations to do business in-person for the retail jewelry industry, are thrilled to welcome the jewelry industry back to The Venetian Resort & Sands Expo for a robust program of product discovery, education, and events.
“We know how important it is for the industry to get back to business, restock cases, discover what is new, and be ready for another very strong holiday season,” says Sarin Bachmann, group vice president of Reed Jewelry Group. “As always, health and safety is at the forefront of our planning, and we are committed to safeguarding our industry by keeping our health and safety protocols updated in accordance with public health recommendations and in consultation with our venue partners at The Venetian & Sands and our fellow industry Vegas jewelry week event organizers.”
The show features over 20 curated neighborhoods within the JCK show floor, with approximately 1,200 exhibitors included for 2021—spanning over three levels of the The Venetian & Sands Expo.
New this year is The Design Collective, located at the front of JCK on Level 2, across from the Plumb Club, will feature on-trend designers and brands. The Plumb Club will serve complimentary food and beverages all day.
JCK’s sold-out GEMS pavilion will be in the Venetian’s Level 3 ballroom.
Luxury features a sold-out show floor on Level 5 with additional Luxury ballroom exhibitors on Level 4.
Among the networking and education events:
– The JCK Keynote will take place Sat., Aug. 28, from 8 a.m. to 9:30 a.m., at the Palazzo Ballroom, and will also be streamed at Venetian property hotel rooms on channel 125.
This year’s keynote will look back at the last 18 months and the bright future ahead in retail. Leaders from Pandora, the National Retail Federation, the Black in Jewelry Coalition, Jewelers of America, and eBay, as well as Sarin Bachmann will share where they think retail is headed and how the pandemic has impacted us.
– The JCK Talks education program will take place Aug. 27–29. The sessions will cover topics such as trends, technology in retail, succession planning, today’s consumer, and more. The full JCK Talks schedule can be found here.
– Live Podcasts—such as JCK’s The Jewelry District, the Rapaport Diamond Podcast, and Joy Joya—will be recorded on the show floor.
– The Future Lab, a content creation zone powered by the Smithee Group, will allow attendees to get tips and hands-on advice on social media, marketing, content, and technology.
– JCK will be offering half-day Bootcamps on three topics: family business and succession planning (Aug. 27); social media and digital marketing (Aug. 28); and how to keep your store safe (Aug. 29). Preregistration is required. Sign up here.
– JCK Pro subscribers can attend exclusive education and cocktail hours at 4 p.m at the Showcase Stage, featuring talks by leaders including Jeff From, LinkedIn, the Smithee Group, and Group IXO.
JCK Pro members will also receive a VIP Experience on-site, including exclusive access to a JCK Pro lounge on the show floor that will let them plug in, refresh (with complimentary treats), and reset. They will also get dedicated check in, VIP Taxi lines, and exclusive networking events. Learn more about the program here.
– Jewelers for Children’s Rings of Strength event will kick-off on Thurs., Aug. 26. Participants can walk, run, bike, and even attend a yoga class, all while raising funds for children in need.
– JCK Design Awards Toast will take place in the New Design Collective Lounge, on Level 2 on Fri., Aug. 27, at 3 p.m.
– JCK Opening Day Happy Hour will be held in the Best of the Best Lounge, Level 2, on Fri., Aug. 27, from 5 p.m. to 6 p.m.
– The Champagne Toast will happen at the Best of the Best Lounge, Level 2, on Sat., Aug. 28, at 3 p.m.
– Le Vian’s Annual Red-Carpet Revue will take place Sun., Aug. 29, at 4 p.m.
– Jewelers for Children’s 21st Annual Facets of Hope gala is happening Sun., Aug. 29, at 6 p.m. It will honor Virginia “Gina” C. Drosos, CEO of Signet Jewelers, and Mercedes Abramo, CEO of Cartier North America. Purchase tickets here.
“We are tapping into our amazing community of industry and outside-industry influential speakers, tastemakers, and experts to provide relevant and enriching content for attendees both in person at the show but also digitally,” says Kate Youngstrom, vice president of brand and content at RX. “Each day will be action-packed with education and events on relevant topics including retail and design trends, market insights, digital communications, and much more!”
During Luxury’s first two invitation-only days, badge holders can catch two special breakfast keynotes:
The Cartiers: Overcoming Adversity will take place Wed., Aug. 25, from 8:30 a.m. to 9:30 a.m., at the Marcello Ballroom on The Venetian Level 4, and streamed on The Venetian property hotel rooms on channel 125.
Sponsored by Natural Diamond Council, Luxury’s opening keynote features Francesca Cartier Brickell, Louis Cartier’s great-great-niece, discussing her book, The Cartiers: The Untold Story of the Family Behind the Jewelry Empire. Cartier Brickell will discuss how her ancestors followed their dream to turn a small Parisian store into one of the leading jewelry firms in the world, and how they overcame continual adversity to keep the dream alive.
The Power of Purpose-Led Brands will take place Thurs., Aug. 26, from 8:30 a.m. to 9:30 a.m, at the Marcello Ballroom on The Venetian Level 4, and streamed on The Venetian property hotel rooms on channel 125.
Sponsored by De Beers, Luxury’s Thursday Keynote will discuss consumer demand for diamond jewelry and how consumers are evaluating companies against environmental, social, and governance criteria, and engaging with brands that are purpose-led.
Join De Beers Group’s executive vice president Stephen Lussier and chief brand officer David Prager to hear why De Beers sees this shift as a tremendous opportunity, rather than a risk, for the diamond industry, and what De Beers is doing to transform its own brand to connect differently with consumers.
Additional Luxury amenities will include complimentary coffee, afternoon snacks, and wine. The Luxury Lounge will display an actual Bentley car to view and learn more about its classic craftsmanship up close.
There will also be a new Luxury café, directly outside the Luxury ballroom on Level 5, featuring morning coffee, an afternoon bar, an artwork installation that JCK and Luxury retailers can help bring to life by coloring it in, photo opp moments created by Kicks by Sammy, and a live DJ.
Retailers are expressing their excitement to be back at JCK, which they consider their primary resource to discover new jewelry and trends in-person, get previews of the most innovative technology for jewelry and retail, network, and attend special events.
“We are ready to restock and see some fresh designs, in time for what we feel will be an ‘off the charts’ holiday season,” says Harris Botnick, owner of Worthmore Jewelers in Atlanta. “From the JCK show preview we have seen, the designers have really pushed the envelope on their designs and expanded their lines. We have also been going 1,000 miles per hour all year, so a week of scenery change, mixed with education and catching up with old friends, will definitely be reinvigorating!”
“Luxury and JCK bring together the best of the best in our industry, and after all of the craziness over the last year, we need this time together more than ever before!” say the owners of Padis Jewelers in San Francisco. “Between face time with our important suppliers, the potential to make new relationships and find new lines, as well as the opportunity to see friends and reconnect as a community, we are eager to continue our tradition of industry week in Vegas. Nothing reignites our passion for jewelry quite like stepping on the show floor and being surrounded by the amazing designs of the jewelry world’s best and brightest!”
To view JCK’s health and safety guidelines, click here.
There is still time to register to attend. Visit here.
(Photographs by Camilla Sjodin)Follow JCK on Instagram: @jckmagazine
Follow JCK on Twitter: @jckmagazine
Follow JCK on Facebook: @jckmagazine