JCK Events, the leading producer of trade events in the fine jewelry industry, and JCK Publishing Group, publishers of JCK magazine, are accepting applications for grants from the annual JCK Industry Fund. The application deadline is Dec. 15.
The JCK Industry Fund, now in its ninth year, was established to enhance the image of the jewelry industry and to foster development and research of programs that would benefit the industry. On an annual basis, $400,000 is distributed in grants from this Fund to individuals, groups or associations who work towards the betterment of the overall industry. The awards will be presented at The JCK Invitational Event, which is scheduled for Feb. 4-6 at The Hilton Hotel in New York City
Each year, the fund looks to award grants to exemplify one or more of the main objectives of the program:
(1) To improve the image of the jewelry industry in the eyes of the consumer;
(2) To aid jewelry industry organizations in addressing serious problems faced within the industry; and/or
(3) To assist internal organizations and associations in developing training materials.
Last years recipients of the grants included:
* The American Gem Society which was awarded $65,000 to assist with the educational program at the AGS International Conclave;
* The American Gem Trade Association which was awarded $74,600 for the purchase of a Laser Induced Breakdown Spectroscopy to aid in the identification of the artificial treatment of gemstones to enhance the color;
* The Jewelers’ Security Alliance which was awarded $100,000 for organization of local crime prevention networks for jewelers;
* Jewelers’ Vigilance Committee which was awarded $75,000 for regional outreach for legal compliance;
* The Manufacturing Jewelers and Suppliers of America which was awarded $35,000 to fund and expand the “Safe and Secure” outreach program; and
* The Gemological Institute of America which was awarded $25,000 for the investigation of recent treatments of nacreous pearls.
In order to be considered for this grant program, applicants must submit their formal proposal in writing directly to JCK Events and the JCK Publishing Group, and include all of the following elements:
The purpose of the grant; the amount requested;
Timing for allocation of monies and a plan for its allocation;
Historical budget data; measurable expected benefits; and an agreement outlining JCK’s right to conduct financial auditing of funds allocated to ensure suitable usage.
This complete package of information must be received by Dec. 15. Copies of the proposals should be sent directly to:
Dave Bonaparte, Vice President, JCK Events
383 Main Avenue
Norwalk, CT 06851
Publisher, JCK Publishing Group
360 Park Avenue South
New York, NY 10010.
All applications will be reviewed and final recipients will be chosen by a fund advisory committee comprised of representatives from the manufacturing and retail segment, as well as the JCK Publishing Group and JCK Events. The recipients will be chosen based on their synergy with the overall core goals and intentions of the Fund.
The JCK Industry Fund is underwritten by JCK Events and JCK Publishing Group.