The Top 50 Designer Jewelry Retailers were honored today at the 2008 JCK Las Vegas. The retailers were chosen by confidential votes from the designers within the JCK Design Center for their lasting excellence at selling designer jewelry.
During the ceremony top honors for the 2008 BEST DESIGNER RETAILER AWARD was presented to two retailers, Manika Jewelry of San Francisco and The Clay Pot from Brooklyn, NY.
Following is the list of the top fifty award winners. The top 10 winners are listed in order of ranking; followed by an alphabetical listing of the next 40 winners.
JCK’s 2008 TOP 50 Designer Retailers of The Year
1. Manika – San Francisco (Tied for 1st)
1. The Clay Pot – Brooklyn, N.Y. (Tied for 1st)
2. Jewelry Art – Hudson, Ohio
3. I Gorman – Washington, D.C.
4. Hamilton Jewelers – Lawrenceville, N.J.
5. Hiller Jewelry Co. – Metairie, La.
6. Lux Bond & Green – West Hartford, Conn.
7. MJ La Viano – Westwood, N.J.
8. Ware Jewelers – Auburn, Ala.
9. Tappins – Cedar Grove, N.J.
10. Anderson Jewelers – Wellesley, Mass.
11. Bachndorfis – Dallas
12. Bay Hill Jewelers – Orlando, Fla.
13. Borsheims – Omaha, Neb.
14. Cathy Easham Fine Jewelry – Midland, Texas
15. Clark Jewelers – Shreveport, La.
16. Cynthia Ann (Whim-On-Line) – Houston
17. Dolphin Galleries – Kahului, Hawaii
18. Eiseman Jewels – Dallas, Tewas
19. Emerson & Ferrar – Redlands, Calif.
20. Fragments – New York, N.Y.
21. G & H Jewelers – California, Md.
22. George Kelly Fine Jewelry – Sedona, Ariz.
23. Graham Jewelers – Wayzata, Minn.
24. Grayson Allen Fine Jewelers – Southlake, Texas
25. Hannoush Jewelers – West Springfield, Mass.
26. Hardy’s – Virginia Beach, Virg.
27. Leigh & Co.- Vero Beach, Fla.
28. Lily Co. – Sanibel, Fla.
29. Llyn Strong Gallery – Greenville, S.C.
30. London Jewelers – Glen Cove, N.Y.
31. Macy’s – Miami, Fla.
32. Mann’s – Rochester, N.Y.
33. Marios – Portland, Ore.
34. Moody’s – Tulsa, Okls.
35. Neiman Marcus – Dallas, Texas
36. Painted Pony Gallery –Big Sky, Mont.
37. Park City Jewelers – Park City, Utah
38. Powder and Smoke – Little Rock, Ark.
39. Reinhold Jewelers – San Juan, P.R.
40. Ruby’s Fine Jewelry – Provincetown, Mass.
41. Samuel Gordon Jewelers – Oklahoma City
42. Sausalito Jewelers – Sausalito, Calif.
43. Smart Jewelers – Lincolnwood, Ill
44. Smith & Co.- Boardman, Ohio
45. Tiny Jewelry – Washington, D.C.
46. Traditional Jewelers – Newport Beach, Calif.
47. Treiber & Straub – Brookfield, Wisc.
48. Trillium Fine Jewelry – Portsmouth, N.H.
49. William Travis Jewelry – Chapel Hill, N.C.
“Each year we look to honor this elite group of retailers who recognize the value in supporting the artistry and value in designer created jewels. The Top 50 Designer Retailers were chosen through a juried process with the Design Center exhibitors,” said Dave Bonaparte, Group Vice President, JCK Events. “Throughout the year retailers and designers share a passion and we are pleased to recognize and celebrate these special retailers’ commitment of promoting, displaying and selling designer jewelry.”
Also, featured in the Design Center were eight Rising Stars who made their trade show debut and featured new and unique designs. The eight Rising Stars include Amali, Gemra AG, Ginger Peachy, Jessica DiRubio Jewelry, Jetalia, Misha of New York, Nina Basharova and Rebecca Overmann. Also in the Design Center in booth #18152 were four European Designers who are showcasing their single unique hand made pieces for the first time in the United States. These four designers are from Germany, the Netherlands, and Switzerland.