The Jewelry industry’s top retailers will be attending the JCK Invitational, an amenity-rich event catering majors and independent retailers, taking place at the Hilton Hotel in New York City, Feb. 4-6, 2007. Retailers who have registered include: Aucoin Hart Jewelers, Bealls Department Stores, Borsheim’s, Costco, Finlay Fine Jewelry Corp., JC Penney, Jewels by Viggi, Kings Jewelry, Kmart, Maurice Badler, Mitchells, Pageo, Reeds, Richards, Ross Stores, Saks Fifth Avenue, Sterling Jewelers, TJ Maxx, BJ’s Wholesale Club, Boscov’s Department Stores, and Winner’s Merchants.
“We are thrilled so many prestigious independent retailers and major chain stores have already committed to sending jewelry buyers to the event,” said Dave Bonaparte, vice president, JCK Events.
Manufacturers participating in the Plumb Club include A.Jaffe, Andin International, Aurafin-Oro America, BelOro/Silverbel/Gem-Oro, Breuning, Chippenhook, Frederick Goldman, Le Vian, Leo Schacter Diamonds, Rocket Red Box, and Rosy Blue.
The event will also offer “The Suites!,” where JCK Invitational retailers can come to exclusive, intimate spaces to meet new vendors and do business.
Those giving presentations include:
* Jack Mitchell, who will share how customers are the very core of any business and how his business philosophy based on “hugs”-personal touches that impress and satisfy customers is effective.
* Shane Decker, a national diamond and jewelry sales trainer and consultant, will address the Internet issue.
* John Kennedy, president of the Jewelers Security Alliance, will lead a panel of security professionals to discuss the current issue with jeweler security and crime today.
On Feb. 4, there will be a Super Bowl XLI warm up on the exhibit floor (4:30 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.) where attendees can network on the exhibits floor. Then, at 6:00 pm the Plumb Club will host an exclusive Super Bowl party.
On Feb. 5, The JCK Invitational will host the fourth annual Rapaport International Diamond Conference, which will focus on the most important issues confronting the diamond industry, including conflict diamonds, the Internet, and branding. Registration is $495 for the conference and all profits will be donated to the Jeweler’s For Children charity. Attendees to the Rapaport Conference will be given access to The JCK Invitational exhibit floor and keynote educational sessions.
The official exhibit hours for The JCK Invitational have changed for 2007 and are as follows:
* Feb 4, 10:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.;
* Feb 5, 10:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.; and
* Feb. 6, 10:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
The JCK Invitational is produced by JCK, the leading producer of trade events in the fine jewelry industry. For registration and exhibit information please visit www.jckgroup.com or call 1-800-257-3626.