The International Colored Gemstone Association announced its line-up of speakers and topics for the upcoming ICA Congress in Dubai, May 5-9, 2007.
The Congress theme, Embracing Global Trends from Mine to Market, will be addressed by some of the biggest names in the gem and jewelry industry. Speakers include, Ahmed bin Sulayem, chief operating officer of the Dubai Multi Commodities Centre; Tawhid Abdullah, chairman of the Dubai Gold & Jewellery Group; Amit Dhamani, managing director of Dhamani Jewels; Laurent Grenier of Dubai Gem Certification and the Dubai Gems Club. The line-up of speakers will address the market situation in Dubai and the region and provide an inside look at the business environment in Dubai and how to gain access to it.
Other industry leaders slated to speak at the event are Dr. Gaetano Cavalieri, president of CIBJO, The World Jewellery Confederation; William E. Boyajian, managing director, World Jewelry Center; Michael R. Haynes, chief executive officer of Collectors Universe; Martin Coeroli of Perles de Tahiti; Toshio Takada of Takada Enterprise Co, Ltd.; and Jacques Voorhees, chairman of Polygon. Speakers from leading laboratories will also address the Congress, including EGL USA, American Gemological Laboratories, Inc., Gemological Institute of America, and Gubelin Gemmological Lab Ltd.
Topics for presentations include:
* Marketing Success Stories
* Fashion & Design: How the Super Brands are Merging Colored Gems with Fashion
* Emerging Sources: Production Update and Development Programs
* Manufacturing Countries: Adding Value & Reaching the Marketplace
* Laboratories: How Gemological Laboratories Help the Industry in Building Consumer Confidence
* Education/Ethics/Economics: Forces Shaping Today’s Industry Professional