The Congress topics will focus on the themes: Doing Business in China, Ethical Trade, Mining, and China and the World.
Speakers are as follows:
* Keynote speaker – Tan Ying-hua, secretary of the Chinese Communist Party of Panyu District & Chief Director of People’s Congress, Panyu
* Welcome address – Sun Fengmin, deputy-director & secretary-general, Gem & Jewelry Trade Association of China
Doing Business in China
* Johnny Chan, chairman, Worldmart Gems & Jewellery Emporium
* Lorenzo Yih, president, LJI
* Keane Lau, secretary-general, Guangzhou, Panyu Jewelry Manufacturers Association
* Prof. Qui Zhili, Sun Yat-Sen University
* Zhao Feng, president, Shenzhen Xingzhongtai Gemstone Co, Ltd.
* Zhang Bingnan, China Gold News president & China Gold Association vice chairman
* Gao Yaozong, deputy secretary, Guangzhou Bureau of Foreign Trade & Economic Cooperation
ICA, Ethical Trade & Mining
* Marcelo Ribiero, general manager, Belmont Mines, Brazil
* Dr. A. Peretti, GRS Laboratory, Thailand
* Dr. Graeme Hancock, World Bank
* Dr. S. Weerawarnakula, University of Moratuwa, Sri Lanka
* Dr. Dietmar Schwarz, GGL, Switzerland
* Vincent Pardieu, field gemologist, GIA, Thailand
* Dr. Jack Ogden, CEO, Gem-A, UK
* Robert Weldon, manager, Photography & Visual Communications, GIA
Debate sessions and panel discussions will include representatives in the gem and jewelry world from organizations, such as China Gold News, Gem & Jewelry Institute of Thailand, Gemmological Association of All Japan, National Gemstone Testing Centre of Beijing, and China’s largest retail jeweler, Caishikou Department Store.
The ICA Congress venue is the Chime Long Hotel in Panyu.