Jewelers Mutual Insurance Company offers these tips regarding USPS and Registered Mail for the upcoming holiday season:
- Double box the jewelry item and apply enough mailing tape to keep the package secure as its thrown, bumped, and tossed from one post office to the next.
- Don’t tempt the postal staff by using jewelry terms on the label.
- Write legibly or create the label online at usps.com, so they will be able to clearly read the address. USPS offers you a nice discount when you create the label and pay postage online. You can even save the address for future use.
- Double check the address and don’t forget to include North, South, East or West. And include the suite number.
- For Express Mail, USPS happy to pick up your postage-paid, addressed packages. Just let them know you need a FREE carrier pickup via usps.com by 2 a.m. the day of pickup. You can even schedule regular, on-going pickups.
- When USPS delivers a package, take a couple minutes to make sure that a) all packages are addressed to you, b) they’ve delivered the right number of packages, and 3) the packages aren’t damaged. If the package appears damaged or tampered with, let them know before they leave so they can report it immediately.
For additional shipping tips, visit JewelersMutual.com and click on Security and Safety on the business page.Follow JCK on Instagram: @jckmagazine
Follow JCK on Twitter: @jckmagazine
Follow JCK on Facebook: @jckmagazine