This contest is held in conjunction with the University of Missouri’s School of Journalism, the first journalism school in the world. Judges include publishing professionals and University of Missouri journalism professors.
The goal of the Magnum Opus Awards is to “raise the quality bar of custom publications and, in turn, their value as a strategic marketing vehicle,” according to the organization.
Winning articles by The Loupe’s editorial staff include:
* Silver Award, Best Regularly Featured Department, Section or Column “Market Viewpoint,” by Russell Shor
* Bronze Award, Best Sidebar. “Industry Helps Employees – and Communities – Get Back on Their Feet,” by Jaime Kautsky (Summer 2006)
* Bronze Award, Best News Story, “Why They Buy,” by Jaime Kautsky (Fall 2006)
* Honorable Mention, Best Interview or Profile, “Boyajian Passes the Torch,” by Amanda Luke (Summer 2006)
* Honorable Mention, Best Interview or Profile, “History Repeating,” by Emily Stegman (Spring 2006)
* Honorable Mention, Best News Story, “Annual Career Fair Connects Job Seekers to Industry Greats,” by Emily Stegman (Winter 2006)
The Loupe won three Magnum Opus Awards in 2006.
The Loupe: GIA World News, a quarterly, full-color news publication, highlights GIA’s people, programs and services. Mailed to 95,000 subscribers worldwide, it is one of the most circulated publications in the gem and jewelry industry.Follow JCK on Instagram: @jckmagazine
Follow JCK on Twitter: @jckmagazine
Follow JCK on Facebook: @jckmagazine