The Gemological Institute of America will host several activities for attendees of the American Gem Trade Association GemFair, Feb. 4-9, at the Tucson Convention Center.
Among the events:
* GIA “Goes Hollywood” at the Alumni Tucson Dance Party Feb. 6 at the Marriott University Park Hotel. The night will begin with a silent auction at 7 p.m. The annual Industry Awards Presentation honoring generous in-kind donors and outstanding alumni members and chapters will start at 7:30 p.m. This year’s event will also announce the first two winners of the Richard T. Liddicoat Scholarship. Once the awards are given, GIA students, alumni and friends will hit the ballroom for the Alumni Association’s live auction, buffet dinner and Hollywood-themed dance party. Proceeds from the event will benefit the GIA Alumni Endowment Fund to support chapter events and student activities. To donate items for the auction, call 760-603-4145, or email email@example.com. To make a reservation, call 760-603-4204 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. Cost is $25 per person through Jan. 26 and $30 at the door.
* GIA Alumni Breakfast from 7:30 to 9 a.m. Feb. 8 in the Crystal Ballroom of the Tucson Convention Center. The networking event is free, but a voluntary donation of $10 per person is suggested to benefit the GIA Alumni Endowment Fund. To RSVP, call 760-603-4255, or e-mail email@example.com by Jan. 30.
* GIA will have an educational presence and a booth at the Rio Grande Catalog in Motion Show in the Tucson Hilton East Feb. 6–9. Attendees to the Gem & Jewelry Exchange (GJX) can visit GIA’s booth (218/318) Feb. 5–10.
* In Phoenix, GIA will present a number of free seminars in cash flow strategy and industry perspectives at the JCK Show Feb. 6 in the Phoenix Civic Plaza. For details of all classes and seminars, visit www.gia.edu for details.
* And, GIA will introduce the 2004 limited-edition collection poster featuring the Bahia sculpture at the show. GIA’s campaign to save the enormous quartz pendant is still underway.Follow JCK on Instagram: @jckmagazine
Follow JCK on Twitter: @jckmagazine
Follow JCK on Facebook: @jckmagazine