Thirteen Gemological Institute of America’s staff members from were honored in a ceremony Dec. 4 to recognize their 25 years of service to the Institute. This brings the total in GIA’s “25-Year Club” to 33.
The Institute holds a luncheon and ceremony in both Carlsbad and New York annually to honor staff members who reach this historic milestone. The newest 25-Year Club members are awarded an engraved 18k gold watch. GIA President William E. Boyajian presented the awards at Carlsbad headquarters, and in New York, Thomas C. Yonelunas, CEO of the GIA Gem Laboratory, performed the honors.
Those honored this year were:
* Irene Armendariz, Mail Processor
* Carl S. Chilstrom, Project Specialist
* Alan P. Deghionno, Laboratory Support Services Manager
* Dino G. Deghionno, West Coast Identification Services Manager
* Gwendolyn L. Dunbar-Travis, Client Services Supervisor
* Gary S. Hill, Community Development Director
* Christopher B. Keenan, GIA International
* Shane F. McClure, West Coast Identification Laboratory Director
* Laura L. Ulatowski, Staff Accountant
* Michael P. Burke, Grading Development Coordinator
* Joseph W. Chiaravalle, Laboratory Production Specialist
* William S. Farley, Facilities Manager
* John M. King, Laboratory Projects Officer