The GIA Alumni Association is launching two new awards this month.
Each GIA Alumni Chapter is invited to participate in the program, which begins with internal nominations. Chapter members will vote for their colleagues who best fit the criteria for the GIA Alumni Achievement Award and Alumni Leadership Award. Nominations are due to each Alumni chapter officer by July 1; the names of the winners in each category should be submitted to GIA by Aug. 1. The chapter award certificates will be presented by local chapter officers in the summer.
Officials from the Institute’s Advancement and Education departments will meet with the Alumni Executive Council to select the two chapter who will receive the International Alumni Achievement and Alumni Leadership Awards. Those awards will be presented during the Alumni Association’s Auction and Dinner Dance at the 2008 Tucson gem and mineral shows. All individual chapter winners will also receive recognition at the dance party.
The Criteria For New Alumni Awards Are:
The Alumni Achievement Award will be presented to a chapter member who:
• Demonstrates and promotes integrity, ethical business practices, and professionalism.
• Is dedicated to achievement in the gem and jewelry industry, academics (continuing education), and chapter activities.
The Alumni Leadership Award will be presented to a chapter officer who:
• Demonstrates mentorship, welcomes new members, advances GIA’s nonprofit mission, and promotes an active, growing chapter through innovative programs and activities.
• Promotes continuing education for members.
• Sets an example for chapter membership by demonstrating integrity, ethics, professionalism, leadership, and commitment to maintaining and enhancing a vital, dynamic chapter.