Where in the world is Sintra, Portugal? View these maps and see for yourself.
Principal and designer, Rui Goms, definitely has a sense of humor to which I can relate. Several pieces from two of its three current jewelry collections are shown below.
The Desire collection
* Forbidden Fruit designs feature diamonds set under quartz, as in, you can see the temptation but can’t access it. The idea is funny, in a comically dark and frustrating way, for sure.
* The Forbidden Chocolate ring features diamonds set underneath of brown quartz in yellow gold. This piece is destined to be a favorite of dieting women everywhere.
The More collection
* The More Money ring features coin motifs and ridge shapes on bands, and diamonds and gold, of course; what greed-inspired piece would be complete without either?
* More of You rings are a sweet way to continually remind the one you love that you just can’t get enough of him or her. The words ‘more’ and ‘you’ are evident in the design.
* The Possession ring takes love to the next level—obsession. A padlock motif suggests, ‘I know where you are at all times, and I know you’ll never, ever try to leave me’.
* The More of Me ring reveals exactly what’s on your mind—you. You’re the center of your own universe, and nobody will forget it when you prominently display No. 1 at all times.
* The Somewhere Else ring is a subtle way to fantasize about where you’d rather be. Moveable diamond melee may clearly travel across the ring’s surface, but their destination is known only to you.
For more information, contact Goms Jewelry, Sintra, Portugal; (351) 210 970 607; www.gomsjewelry.com.