Key spring ready-to-wear shows in four cities—in New York City, London, Milan, and Paris—took place in September, resulting in a fresh crop of clothing trends. Jewelers need to take note in order to stock cases with the right pieces to complement the necklines and silhouettes of the season. The color white was among the spring 2014 clothing trends outlined in “Fashion Trend Report: 10 Spring 2014 Clothing Trends Jewelers Must Know”; here are five ways to dress some of that bleached attire.
5. The Color White
Whites were everywhere on the runways. Michael Kors cut skirts and blazers in white, Victoria Beckham turned out cute little flared skirts, and Alberta Ferretti went bohemian with tiered skirts (some with bright embroidery accents). All these color-free canvases are ideal backdrops for pops of jewelry color.
Five Jewels to Wear With White
1. Punch up white outfits with color—any color!
Earrings in 22k gold and silver with 27.35 cts. t.w. pink tourmaline, $2,290; Margery Hirschey
2. Pair black jewels (or a black watch) with white clothes for a classic style or to hint at an Art Deco aesthetic.
Black ceramic watch, $315; Belair Time Corp.
3. Keep the cool minimalist vibe going with silver or white metal jewels.
Single Initial monogram pendant in 14k gold, $1,302; Overnight Mountings
4. Dress white outfits in gold for the another type of classic look.
Infinity ring in 14k gold with 0.17 ct. t.w. diamonds, $781; Midas Chain
5. Go busy with multicolored jewels—think Brazilian—which will pop magnificently against a white backdrop.
Ring in 18k gold with gemstones by Brumani
The Style 360 blog is your editorial source for the newest jewelry, trends, market analysis, trade show insights, designer profiles, and more.